Monday, October 13, 2008

Mommy's favourite satay joint .......

There is this unassuming satay stall in Keramat which Dadi introduced to Mommy before they got married and Mommy got hooked on it ever since. I used to remember when they brought me there when I was younger ..like everytime they went there (duhhhh!!!!) .. I couldn't appreciate anything that they tried to feed me ..not the rice cubish thing, nor the cucumber ..but now, I absolutely love the chicken satay. I am able to finish one or two or three sticks ..depending on how hungry I am.

So the story goes ..some five or six years later ... Mommy and Dadi went back to one of Tok Wan's (Mommy's Daddy) hometown in Bandar Bahru, Kedah and meet a whole load of relatives that nobody had ever met before. Someone asked Dadi where he stayed and he told them that Opah stays in Keramat and the person said ..."Ohhhhhhh ...dulu Pak something (Njang kut) Ismail dok berniaga satay dekat Keramat. La ni anak menantu dia dok jaga ..." ..Wala wehhhhh ... another relative in the food business .... and to think that my parents eat satay only at that stall !!!!!!
The stall is located next to the Esso petrol station and uncompleted market in Datuk Keramat. The satay is excellent and juicy unlike the dry, tasteless satay of that particular franchise that dominates every R&R. Can say like that, meh?

Achik Zainah is in the foreground ... her daughter is in the pink T-shirt

The Pak Cik in the striped T-shirt is her hubby

This is Mommy and Dadi's standard order
The price .. as most other places ..has increased over the years ..... the taste, size and quality remains ..............


Last week, after visiting Antana who just gave birth at GH to my upteenth cuzzin who weighed a whoppin' 4.2 kg, Mommy made Dadi visit Achik Zainah at Keramat. There was this girl, whom I thot was soooo pretty and I begged Mommy to ask her name and asked if I could take a photograph with her. Her name is Sabrina ... 7 years old. I thot her face looked like Cinta Rasya from the sinetron Cinderella ..hmmmm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alamak! are they open for lunchit's 1:02pm

amira shasmeen said...

Only eat 1 stick ...basuh dulu ..buang gula dia ....!!! :P