Sunday, July 10, 2005

My monitor ...



One of the cleverest things that daddy has bought mommy and me is the monitor. One for mommy and one for me.

Mommy told me that she had wanted to buy the monitor even before I was born. She did ask her friends whether it was absolutely necessary for her to buy one. Anyway, one thing led to another and I arrived. The monitor still remained at the shop.

For almost six months of my life, mommy was constantly running to and fro, from wherever she was to the bedroom to check on me. If she was at the computer, things would not be too bad coz it was a short distance but then I would already be crying my heart out for her to come.

If she was at the kitchen, then ... die. I would have to cry and cry and cry and finally she would be next to me. I was very unhappy and mommy was very unsettled. Then, mommy made a decision .. she wanted it NOW ... which was then.

So, to cut a long story short (read:walking to and fro baby stuff outlets in OU) , Daddy finally decided on the above. That was the best thing that ever happened for mom and me.

The monitor picks up the slightest movement I make (most of the time) and before I know it, I get a nippie shoved in my mouth. Most of the time, I don't realize all this is happening. After a good nap/sleep, I will finally wake up, happy and contented and make gurgling sounds to call mommy to play with me.

Mommy is very careful, though. I don't know whether it (??) has ever happened or not, but she is very careful to make sure that the monitor is switched off properly , especially when she and daddy are in the room. I wonder why????

No comments: