Monday, September 15, 2008

Sing away ....

Once in a very very blue moon ..Mommy and Dadi would bring us, the cousins ..the only cousins on my Mommy's side, for a singing session ...

Me, Kakak Iman and Haykal

We treasure these sessions a lot. I love singing. When I was in Mommy's tummy, the final 8 weeks or so, Mommy used to let me listen to KRU and songs by Queen and some other singer whose words I can barely make out (courtesy of Anty Shamsilly ;P). I also used to listen to certain verses from the Al-Quran.

Mommy sings to me at every opportunity. She will make up songs to suit the occasion like when I have breakfast, she will sing

Roti canai, roti canai; Mira suka, Mira suka; Makan dengan gula; Makan dengan gula; Yum yum yum; Yum yum yum (to the tune of Are You Sleeping)

and many more.

Now, I can make up my own songs and pantuns .. whether they make sense or not ..who cares as long as it sounds good ... sometimes they will laugh at me ...sometimes they will say I am clever ..sometimes they will be totally clueless ...

My current favourite song is Ku Tahu by Mila and Mesera (ie. Seloka Hari Raya) by Hail Amir and Uji Rashid ..... percaya, tak???


2 comments:

opsiedaisy said...

Ha macam tu la....interesting update :P next time Baby can join...

amira shasmeen said...

Baby1 and Baby2 boleh buat duet di bawah bimbingan kakak2 and abang pretset .....:P